Pages

Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

Sunday, August 25, 2013

DIY; Double Bow Necklace


double-bow-necklace-polymer-clay





 
I used to be so obsessed with decoden - for those of you who don't know, it's a trend from Japan, see here
Heck, I used to be so obsessed with lolita fashion. But now that I've mellowed out, I've only been enjoying only partially-embellished stuff - and since I've been inspired by a video I seen yesterday I wanted to create some decoden-inspired gear. So I made this double bow necklace out of polymer cay. Read on for the tutorial! 

What do you need?
Polymer clay
Cutter
Jump rings
Jewelry pliers
Clasp
Chain
Oven
Pencil 
Pin

It's so easy. Follow the steps below:

double-bow-necklace-polymer-clay

You might want to lay out wax paper so the clay won't stick on your surface first. Anyway, roll out your polymer clay into a long log and divide into four. Roll out each one and flatten.


double-bow-necklace-polymer-clay
Pinch the sides like pictured above, and then pinch both sides together. Pinch two of those, and then assemble them like so... whew, that's a lot of pinching. Be careful not to ruin the folds!

double-bow-necklace-polymer-clay
Next take a small bit of clay, roll it out and flatten it like in the first picture. Wrap it around your bow, cut the excess and flatten it a bit. That's it - you have your bow. 

double-bow-necklace-polymer-clay
To make holes, it helps to put a pencil or any barrel shaped object inside - it's used to hold the shape. Poke out your circle per usual. 

double-bow-necklace-polymer-clay

Bake your clay according to the directions on the package. Let it cool, varnish (if you want) and attach your jump rings and chain on it. Necklace done! :)


double-bow-necklace-polymer-clay


It's a summery/spring-y bit of jewelry but I feel like this will add a pop of cuteness to every outfit no matter what the season.


double-bow-necklace-polymer-clay
The options are endless - you can make a ring if you attach it to a base, make a small pair of earrings (like the one in the cover photo - I made two of those tiny bows :D), attach it to a dust plug and make your phone look like a gift or decoden it! :)

double-bow-necklace-polymer-clay
I hope you liked it. As always, leave me a comment because I so love hearing from you guys. Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About